There will be minimal charges for you to see an optician in the UK as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant including your dependents. Normally it would costs £10 for each eye test and you will be able to get 2 pairs of prescribed lenses for less than £50. There are choices in the range of glasses offered so you can choose those within your budget.
There could be some instances which could apply to you or your dependents which would entitles you for free eye tests and optical vouchers. What is an NHS optical voucher?
The NHS gives funding towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses, in the form of an NHS optical voucher, to anyone who qualifies (this funding does not apply to everyone). Some people are also eligible for NHS-funded eye tests. Although it is called a 'voucher', an NHS optical voucher is actually the name given to the GOS3 form that your optician completes after your eye test. Some of the examples are where you could qualify for the free eye test and vouchers are:
- aged 60 or over
- registered blind or partially sighted
- diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- aged 40 or over and have a close relative (parent, sibling or child) with a history of glaucoma
- you have been advised by an ophthalmologist that you are at risk of glaucoma
- You will also qualify for a free NHS sight test and be eligible for an optical voucher if you're:
aged under 16, or under 19 and in qualifying full-time education