Unlike the Tier 1 (Investor) Visa where you need a minimum of £2,000,000 to invest in the UK, with the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa, you can invest from just £200,000
- Applicant is required to provide evidence of £200,000 available to invest in a UK business. (£200,000 can be shared between two applicants applying at the same time, provided that they intend to invest in the same business or businesses.)
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate ability to support themselves with maintenance funds in their bank account (a minimum of £3,310 must be held in an account over a 90 days period prior to making the application.)
- Applicant must achieve or exceed level B1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Language Learning in all four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
- Once appointed as Director of your chosen UK company, you must be registered for National Insurance
(NB: there is a prohibition on investing funds in in property or property development).
- By the end of year 3 of the initial visa, your business must have created the equivalent of 2 full-time jobs, for UK citizens or persons settled in the UK, which have existed for 12 months.
(NB: As an entrepreneur, you can work in any business into which you have invested, but you cannot take outside employment)
- After a total of 5 years, the entrepreneur can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and after another 12 months can apply for British Citizenship.
- If one can generate an income of £5 million or create 10 full time jobs then you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 3 years instead of 5 years.
Costs & Fees
The Plan is based on providing straightforward and cost effective advice in a professional manner. The service offers candidates for citizenship through business investment, an approach that is friendly, accessible and cuts through legal complexity to deliver no-nonsense advice and legal help. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
(NB: In order to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years you cannot spend more than 180 days outside UK in any 12 month period; in order to qualify for British Citizenship you cannot spend more than 810 days outside UK in the last 5 years and not more than 90 days in the last 12 months preceding the application.)